Kevin Spacey - News Poster

News

Will ‘Three Billboards’ be the first film to translate all three SAG Awards into Oscar wins?

Will ‘Three Billboards’ be the first film to translate all three SAG Awards into Oscar wins?
“Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” became the fourth film to win a record three Screen Actors Guild Awards in one night after “American Beauty” (1999), “Chicago” (2002) and “The Help” (2011). Now it’ll try to do what none of the three were able to: convert those wins into three Oscar wins.

All of the previous three films won the cast SAG prize. “American Beauty” bagged lead trophies for Kevin Spacey and Annette Bening, while “Chicago” and “The Help” swept the SAG actress categories for Renee Zellweger and Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer, respectively. At the Oscars, each film won an acting award for Spacey, Zeta-Jones and Spencer, and only “American Beauty” and “Chicago” won Best Picture, with “The Help” falling to “The Artist.” Strangely, all three lost Best Actress: Bening to Hilary Swank (“Boys Don’t Cry”), Zellweger to Nicole Kidman (“The Hours”) and Davis to Meryl Streep (“The Iron Lady
See full article at Gold Derby »

How often do the four SAG champs go on to win Oscars?

How often do the four SAG champs go on to win Oscars?
With their wins at Sunday’s Screen Actors Guild Awards, Gary Oldman (“Darkest Hour”), Frances McDormand (“Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”), Sam Rockwell (“Three Billboards”) and Allison Janney (“I, Tonya”) continue their march toward becoming the first foursome to sweep the Golden Globe, Critics’ Choice, SAG, BAFTA and Oscar. Their SAG victories are the most important ones of the three groups so far, as the SAGs have a fantastic correlation with the Oscars; SAG has only missed five times in Best Actor, six times in Best Actress, nine times in Best Supporting Actor and seven times in Best Supporting Actress. But despite so much overlap between the individual races, SAG does not go 4-for-4 with Oscar in one season as often as you might think.

Over its 23-year history, SAG has only had a direct match in all four Oscar acting races six times, most recently three years ago. SAG typically goes 3-for-4 with Oscar,
See full article at Gold Derby »

Rosanna Arquette Overcome with Emotion as She Thanks Other Women and Men in #MeToo Movement

Rosanna Arquette Overcome with Emotion as She Thanks Other Women and Men in #MeToo Movement
Rosanna Arquette had a powerful moment on stage at the 2018 Screen Actor’s Guild Awards.

The actress, 58, appeared on stage to present the award for supporting actress in a limited television series when her fellow presenter Marisa Tomei thanked her for being a silence breaker in the #MeToo movement.

Arquette took the opportunity to shine a light on the other women and men who have broken their silence on sexual harassment in Hollywood, leading to other movements like Time’s Up.

“We are honored to be part of this supportive creative community and we are inspired that so many powerful
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Shares Her #MeToo Moment at Sundance

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is in on the joke.

The Supreme Court justice told NPR’s Nina Totenberg during an interview at the Sundance Film Festival on Sunday that she’s a big fan of Kate McKinnon, the comedian who parodies the jurist on SNL as a vitamin swigging, Hgh-taking progressive icon determined to outlast the Trump administration.

“I would like to say ‘Ginsburged’ sometimes to my colleagues,” Ginsburg said to loud applause, referencing McKinnon’s tag-line. “I liked the actress who portrayed me.”

Even at Sundance, where the likes of Keira Knightley and Jake Gyllenhaal can be seen walking around the snow-covered town, there’s no bigger star than Ginsburg. Crowds waited hours to see her speak this morning, and there’s a reason. A cottage industry has grown up around the 84-year-old justice, from comic books to coffee mugs, all bearing the nickname “The Notorious Rbg.” Asked about what her fellow justices think about her celebrity
See full article at Variety - Film News »

SNL Weekend Update Skewers Trump Over Government Shutdown and Stormy Daniels

  • TMZ
SNL took aim at Donald Trump and fired. Weekend Update hit the Prez hard on the government shutdown, but the Stormy Daniels commentary was hilarious.   Michael Che mused that Trump's comment to Stormy that he was afraid of sharks was understandable, because he has the body of a seal. And check out Cecily Strong as Stormy herself. Super funny. On the government shutdown, Colin Jost observed even a fake government -- "House of Cards" --
See full article at TMZ »

Why Certain Films Do Well During Awards Season

Neil Calloway looks at why a certain type of movie will always get the nod at the Oscars…

This coming Tuesday sees the announcement of this year’s Oscar nominations. We’ve already had the Golden Globes, and if you really care about that sort of thing, the Baftas are next month. We’re deep into awards season, and you can probably tell which will win big at the Academy Awards this year. It’s the same sort of film that always does.

You know The Post and Darkest Hour are going to do well with nominations, and The Last Jedi – despite raking in more than a small country does in a year – won’t get any apart from a few technical nods. The Oscars like big, important films about big, important issues, starring big important, actors and directed by big, important directors. I haven’t seen The Post yet
See full article at Flickeringmyth »

Kevin Spacey Being Investigated By UK Police After Further Sexual Assault Allegations

It’s pretty safe to say that Kevin Spacey‘s 2017 did not go the way he’d planned. He began the year riding high on the success of Netflix’s House of Cards and his upcoming performance in Ridley Scott’s All The Money In The World. He ended it universally vilified after a series of sexual assault allegations (including one involving a 14-year-old boy), compounded by a ham-handed apology that he tastelessly combined with his coming out.

This all stems from a series of allegations against Spacey from his time at London’s Old Vic Theatre, with Scotland Yard receiving 20 allegations of inappropriate behaviour relating to him. They led to a police investigation being opened that specifically looked into a claim of sexual assault in 2008. That was quickly followed by another claim of assault in 2005. Now, a third investigation has begun, also stemming from a 2005 incident.

The Metropolitan Police
See full article at We Got This Covered »

Gary Oldman (‘Darkest Hour’) at the SAG Awards: Can a real Brit finally win for playing Winston Churchill?

Gary Oldman (‘Darkest Hour’) at the SAG Awards: Can a real Brit finally win for playing Winston Churchill?
Everything this awards season has been going Gary Oldman’s way. He’s already won the Golden Globe and Critics’ Choice Award for his portrayal of Winston Churchill in “Darkest Hour.” And he is currently the overwhelming favorite to win the SAG Award. But are we overly confident he’ll win? No Brit has won for playing the famous prime minister. Check out our gallery above of all the actors who’ve brought Churchill to the small and big screens.

Playing Churchill has proven to be a great way to win an Emmy as Albert Finney (“The Gathering Storm,” 2002), Brendan Gleeson (“Into the Storm,” 2009) and John Lithgow (“The Crown,” 2017) all won in a span of 15 years for their interpretations of the iconic figure. But ironically only an American — Lithgow — also won a SAG Award.

For Finney, who had already won an Emmy and Golden Globe, it was a matter of timing.
See full article at Gold Derby »

So, Michelle Williams Was Actually Paid 8 Times Less Than Mark Wahlberg For All the Money in the World

So, Michelle Williams Was Actually Paid 8 Times Less Than Mark Wahlberg For All the Money in the World
Update: Over the weekend, Mark Wahlberg agreed to donate the $1.5 million he received for his All the Money in the World reshoots to the Time's Up legal fund. When the news broke that Wahlberg made 1,500 times more than his costar Michelle Williams, it sparked a public outcry, with many arguing that it was a perfect example of the gender wage gap that exists in many industries. "Over the last few days my reshoot fee for All the Money in the World has become an important topic of conversation," Wahlberg said in a statement. "I 100 percent support the fight for fair pay and I'm donating the $1.5 million to the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund in Michelle Williams' name." Wme, the talent agency that serves as representatives for both Wahlberg and Williams, also issued a statement pledging a donation of $500,000 to the cause. It was later revealed by The Hollywood Reporter that
See full article at Popsugar »

Oscars flashback: Iraq invasion in 2003 almost cancelled 75th anniversary Oscars family album reunion of 59 acting winners [Watch]

The 75th anniversary ceremony for the Academy Awards almost didn’t happen as scheduled. When America led an invasion of Iraq that weekend, broadcast network ABC pleaded with producer Gil Cates and Academy president Frank Piersen to move the event back a week. The duo claimed it would be too expensive to make the switch and that the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood would be unavailable.

On March 23, 2003, the ceremony went live on ABC as scheduled, hosted by comedian, actor, and writer Steve Martin, with the Best Picture proclaimed to be “Chicago.” However, several presenters such as Cate Blanchett, Jim Carrey, and Will Smith cancelled their appearances. That day’s events also caused several past winners to bail out on appearing in the Oscars family album slated for late in the show. Similar to a segment five years early for the 70th anniversary show (read more on the link above), the
See full article at Gold Derby »

Jon Bernthal on whether Shane could make an appearance in Fear the Walking Dead

Could Jon Bernthal’s Shane make an appearance in Fear the Walking Dead? The actor has weighed in with his opinion.

Bernthal’s performance as Shane in The Walking Dead was one that brought him to the attention of mainstream audiences and his career has gone from strength to strength ever since being killed off in season 2.

The question was put to Bernthal if his old character could turn up on the spin off Fear the Walking Dead, a possibility considering other characters have crossed over and the timelines don’t align.

Unfortunately for fans of Shane, Bernthal doesn’t seem to think it will happen, saying as much when asked by Daily Express (via ComicBook.com): “I loved Shane and whilst I’m super grateful I got to do that, he was a character that had a beginning, middle and end, and I got a whole rounded opportunity.
See full article at Flickeringmyth »

Robert Redford Says #MeToo Movement Will Give Women More Opportunities in Hollywood

Robert Redford Says #MeToo Movement Will Give Women More Opportunities in Hollywood
Robert Redford kicked off the Sundance Film Festival by praising the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements as a “tipping point” in Hollywood that will create more opportunities for women.

“I’m pretty encouraged right now,” said Redford during the festival’s opening press conference on Thursday afternoon. “What it’s doing is bringing forth more opportunities for women and more opportunities for women in film to have their voices heard and do their own projects.”

Redford said that the industry had been dominated by men, but he predicted that things are changing as women push back against harassment in the workplace and demand to be paid the same as their male counterparts.

“It’s changing the order of things so women have a stronger voice,” he said. “Now I think it’s more even handed. The role for women is to exercise their voices. The role for men is to listen and let women’s voices
See full article at Variety - Film News »

A Closer Look at the Symbolism and Hidden Messages in Justin Timberlake's "Supplies" Video

A Closer Look at the Symbolism and Hidden Messages in Justin Timberlake's
Justin Timberlake dropped his "Supplies" music video on Thursday morning. The song, produced by Pharrell Williams (who also appears in the video), is the second track to be released off of Timberlake's upcoming album, Man of the Woods, which is set to drop on Feb. 2. After releasing the post-apocalyptic visual starring Eiza González on Thursday, fans began to pick up on the hidden messages throughout the video. The 36-year-old singer appears to be referencing the #MeToo movement as well as protests against the government in the video and Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey and President Donald Trump all make appearances. Let's take a look at the symbolism and hidden messages in the...
See full article at E! Online »

Why the Woman in Justin Timberlake's "Supplies" Music Video Looks So Damn Familiar

The music video for Justin Timberlake's new song, "Supplies," could double as a short dystopian film. Eerie white crocodiles? Check. Burning pyramids with Illuminati-esque symbols? Check. Oh, and some fiery sex scenes between Timberlake and the woman who stars in the video? Duh. If the woman featured throughout the sexy video has you wondering where you might have seen her before, you're not alone. The woman in question is 27-year-old Mexican actress Eiza González. If you watched 2017's critically-acclaimed comedy crime film, Baby Driver, then you'll recognize the budding star for her role as Monica "Darling" Castello. González played the lawless, ill-fated wife of Buddy (Jon Hamm), and a member of Doc's (Kevin Spacey) notorious ensemble of bank robbers in the action-packed hit. Image Source: Sony Pictures You'll be able to see a lot more of González onscreen soon. This Summer, you can catch her starring in the sci-fi
See full article at BuzzSugar »

Kevin Spacey Investigated for 3rd Alleged Sexual Assault in London

Kevin Spacey Investigated for 3rd Alleged Sexual Assault in London
A new report from TMZ indicates Kevin Spacey is being investigated over three separate allegations of past sexual assault, following a third accusation made in December. London Police confirmed to E! News the allegations of sexual assault, but did not identify Spacey as the man accused.  Since October, more than a dozen men in both the United States and England have accused the actor of sexual misconduct. In early November, London police opened an investigation into an allegation of sexual assault made against Spacey. Later that month, police said they were investigating a second case and in a statement on Wednesday, they said they received a report about an alleged third past...
See full article at E! Online »

Kevin Spacey Under Investigation for Third Alleged Sexual Assault in London

Kevin Spacey Under Investigation for Third Alleged Sexual Assault in London
Kevin Spacey is under investigation for a third allegation of sexual assault in London.

While Scotland Yard does not identify any person “who may, or may not be, subject to an investigation,” a spokesperson confirmed that the new allegation is against the same person currently under investigation for two other alleged sexual assaults, whom People previously confirmed is the Oscar winner, 58.

The Metropolitan Police said in a statement: “On 13 December we received an allegation that the man sexually assaulted a man (Victim 3) in 2005 in Westminster. Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are investigating.”

Spacey was also accused
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Kevin Spacey Faces Third Scotland Yard Sexual Assault Investigation

Scotland Yard has opened a third sexual assault investigation on Kevin Spacey, based on a complaint that was filed with London police last month. The investigation involves an alleged assault against an unnamed man in the London borough of Westminster in 2005. It follows assault claims filed against the actor that allegedly occurred in the southern borough of Lambeth in 2005 and 2008. “On 13 December we received an allegation that the man sexually assaulted a man (Victim 3) in 2005 in Westminster,” a Scotland Yard rep told TheWrap Wednesday in a statement. “Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are investigating.” Also...
See full article at The Wrap »

Scotland Yard Investigates Kevin Spacey for 3rd Sexual Assault Complaint

Scotland Yard in the U.K. confirmed that there is now a third ongoing investigation into disgraced actor Kevin Spacey, after another accuser stepped forward last month. Scotland Yard had previously launched two separate investigations into the actor from men in the South London borough of Lambeth, in 2005 and 2008. Here's what a Scotland Yard representative had to say in a statement about this latest allegation of sexual misconduct against Kevin Spacey.

"On 13 December we received an allegation that the man sexually assaulted a man (Victim 3) in 2005 in Westminster. Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are investigating."

The allegations against Kevin Spacey first surfaced in October, when actor Anthony Rapp claimed the actor made unwanted sexual advances against him, when he was just 14 years old and Kevin Spacey was 32. Kevin Spacey would later apologize for his actions, but his apology sparked outrage, since the actor claimed not to remember the incident,
See full article at MovieWeb »

Kevin Spacey Under Investigation for Third Sexual Assault in London

  • TMZ
Kevin Spacey's under a new Scotland Yard investigation -- a third man filed a complaint alleging the actor sexually assaulted him. Scotland Yard says the alleged victim went to police on December 13 claiming Spacey sexually assaulted him in 2005 in Westminster. We're told Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are now investigating. Cops in London are already investigating 2 similar complaints lodged against Spacey, who was artistic director at The Old Vic theater
See full article at TMZ »

Scotland Yard Investigating Third Sexual Assault Complaint Against Kevin Spacey

Scotland Yard has launched an investigation into a new allegation against Kevin Spacey of sexual assault, the third such inquiry by London police into the Oscar-winning actor.

The new investigation centers on an alleged assault on a man in 2005 in the Central London borough of Westminster. It follows two other investigations into alleged sexual assaults by Spacey on men in the South London borough of Lambeth, in 2005 and 2008.

“On 13 December we received an allegation that the man sexually assaulted a man (Victim 3) in 2005 in Westminster,” Scotland Yard said Wednesday in a statement to Variety. “Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are investigating.”

Late last year, London’s Old Vic theater, which is located in Lambeth, said it received 20 complaints of inappropriate behavior against Spacey after it had appealed to people to come forward with concerns or complaints. Spacey was the theater’s artistic director from 2004 to 2015.

The Old Vic said it had advised more than
See full article at Variety - Film News »
loading
An error has occured. Please try again.

See also

Credited With | External Sites